Doing Your Part
This is part 3 of the 4-part series through the New Testament book of the Bible, 1 Peter.
Key Scripture (1 Peter 2:1-12).
- Our identity in Jesus is central to who we are.
- We aren't defined by what the world says but rather what God says.
- To follow Jesus means to go where Jesus goes.
- We must choose not to leave the path of following Jesus when things in life get complicated or challenging.
- Even as you follow Jesus and tell others about Him, some people will reject Him for their life.
- All believers should seek to honor God with their life.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."
- Even during trials and challenges, believers should still honor God,
- We are to accept challenges as gifts from God and opportunities to grow in our awareness of His strength.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9, "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
From bad to good.
- Quote: “If God can take the very worst circumstance imaginable and turn it into the very best situation possible, can he not take the negative circumstances of your life and create something good from them?" Lee Strobel
- God can take a bad situation in your life and turn it into something good.
- The world is watching you and your testimony of Jesus is on display.
- How non-believers respond to your testimony--with acceptance or rejection--is their decision.
- You must be faithful to trust God and tell others about Him, no matter what you are facing in life.