The Original Creator
This is part 3 of the 8-part series of studying foundational Christian truths.
Key Scripture (Genesis 1:).
Where do you start?
- Where do you go when you start a book?
- This isn't a trick question. You start at the beginning.
- Genesis 1:1 gives us a no doubt statement about God.
The original Creator.
- The very first thing we find out about God in the Bible is that He is a Creator.
- We must start with faith in Who God says He is.
- It is essential to know that God is a Creator.
The Genesis creation account.
- Genesis 1 and 2 go through the totality of the whole creation process.
- There is a difference in the writing of Genesis 1 and Genesis 2.
- Genesis 1 is written in a poetry format. There are repetitive phrases found throughout the chapter.
- Genesis 2 is written in a historical account.
- The two chapters don't contradict themselves; but rather they are written in two different genres.
- The question for believers should not be did God create everything, but why did God create everything?
- When we say that God is the Creator, it implies intention with His creation.
- He set about to do something when He created, which means you have a purpose and a value.
- Your life has worth!
- Your life is not meaningless.
- God created you to be in a relationship with Him.
- Start today by focusing on your relationship with your Creator.