This is part 2 of the 3 part series, "Thanks and Giving." In this message, Pastor Paul looks at the Bible.
Key Scripture (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
In everything, not for everything.
- We are to give thanks 'in' everything, not 'for' everything.
- The Bible never tells us to give thanks FOR wicked, immoral and sinful circumstances, but to give thanks IN them.
Christians are not immune.
- We are not immune to the trials, pains, difficulties and sufferings of life.
- Life can be brutal at times.
- Through the power of the Holy Spirit working in us, we can give thanks in all circumstances for a couple of different reasons.
- God is always with us; even in the darkest times.
- Deuteronomy 31:6, "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."
- Deuteronomy 31:8, "And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed."
- Jesus understands what we are going through.
- Hebrews 4:15, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
- Be thankful in everything.
- Even when we experience trials, we can give thanks for God's presence, His understanding and His comfort.