The Right Things
Key Scripture Philippians 4:8-9.
- Vision has to do with what we perceive.
- The biblical ideas of our eyes, vision, and focus relate to what we are attentive to.
- Philippians 4:8 gives us a list of the right things that believers ought to focus on and pay attention to.
- It’s easier to be attentive to the wrong things.
- What exactly does it mean to "think on these things?"
- Believers are to consider the things that are listed in Philippians 4:8.
- Quote: “We meditate to give God’s words the opportunity to penetrate, not just our minds, but our emotions— the places where we hurt—and our will—the place where we make choices and decisions.” Joyce Huggert.
- Focus on and ponder what is good and honorable as you walk through life.
- Keeping our focus where God wants it to be means being able to accept the bad things and failures but also keep moving forward, focusing on good and beautiful things around us.
- Quote: “We don’t live by instinct. Our lives are directed by the thoughts and motives of our hearts.” Paul Tripp.